There will be a by-election held in the federal electoral division of Bennelong on Saturday 16 December 2017. We’re helping the Australian Electoral Commission to get the message to voters in the culturally and linguistically diverse community of Bennelong.
Voting is compulsory for all Australian citizens aged 18 years and older who are enrolled in the federal electoral division of Bennelong.
The official guide to the 2017 Bennelong By-election is translated into Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Korean, and Italian which includes detailed information about the following:
- A map of the electoral division of Bennelong;
- The date of the by-election;
- Information for eligible voters who won’t be able to make it to a polling place on by-election day;
- Details of where to vote including a list of polling places in Bennelong; and,
- Instructions on how to make your vote count.
The official guide is available for download and print at: http://www.aec.gov.au/About_AEC/Translated_information/.
Besides the in-language resources, there is a telephone interpreter service available to assist voters from non-English speaking backgrounds in a wide range of languages by calling 1300 720 153.