The Diversity Council Australia today released a report on Inclusion@Work Index 2017-2018 in partnership with Suncorp, further proving that workplace inclusion and cultural diversity deliver tangible benefits for Australian business, employers and employees.
Inclusion@Work Index is based on a national survey that has collected a sample of 3000 Australian workers to explore two key questions:
1) How inclusive is the Australian workplace for employees?
2) What impact does inclusion have on performance and satisfaction, success, and security? The Survey will be repeated biennially to track the progress in creating workplace diversity and inclusion.
The report has delivered positive results in terms of diversity and inclusion at work:
- 3 out of 4 Australian workers support or strongly support their organisation taking action to create a workplace which is diverse and inclusive.
- Workers in an inclusive team are 10 times more likely to be highly effective than workers in non-inclusive teams; 9 times more likely to innovate; and 5 times more likely to provide excellent customer/client service.
- Workers in an inclusive team are 19 times more likely to be very satisfied with their jobs than workers in non-inclusive teams; 4 times more likely to stay with their employers; and 2 times more likely to receive regular career development opportunities.
To read the report, please go to https://www.dca.org.au/research/project/inclusion-index