The Queensland Government recognised six outstanding international students from various countries with the International Education and Training (IET) Awards for their contribution to the community.
- Higher Education – Barani Ganapathi, India, University of Queensland
- Regional – Reuben George, Canada, James Cook University
- VET – Simon Witt, the Netherlands, Envirotech Education
- School – Taehwan Kim, Korea, Brisbane Boys College
- Research – Partha Narayan Mishra, India, University of Queensland
- ELICOS – Carol Santiago, Brazil, University of Queensland
There are 12 awards recognising the contributions of individuals across Queensland’s international education sector. These awards are divided into three champion categories: IET Student Excellence, IET Alumni Excellence, and IET Industry Excellence. Award winners will be recognised as ambassadors of Study Queensland and help promote Queensland as a leading international student destination.
There are over 110,000 international students studying in Queensland, which has the third largest number of international student in Australia following NSW and Victoria.
For more information, please go to https://www.tiq.qld.gov.au/iet-strategy/iet-excellence-awards/