The Victorian Government has temporarily closed skilled visa applications for 11 occupations. This is due to the large number of skilled visa applications received.
Applications for certain ICT occupations will not be accepted by Victoria from 11 November 2016 to 6 March 2017. Further updates will be provided if this period is extended.
The occupations affected by the temporary closure are:
- 135112 ICT Project Manager
- 261111 ICT Business Analyst
- 261112 Systems Analyst
- 261311 Analyst Programmer
- 261312 Developer Programmer
- 261313 Software Engineer
- 261314 Software Tester
- 261399 Software and Applications Programmers nec
- 262111 Database Administrator
- 262112 ICT Security Specialist
- 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
All applications received prior to this date will be assessed and an outcome will be provided. Applications for other eligible occupations remain open.
Source: SBS News – http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2016/11/23/victorian-government-closes-skilled-visa-applications-ict-occupations